What is PSEP?
PSEP or Pambansang Samahan Para sa Edukasyon sa Pagpapahalaga is a non-stock, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian association. It is committed to promote and strengthen values education program and to assess the impact of these programs on the development of the nation.
What are the Purposes of PSEP?
- To support the government, particularly the Department of Education, Culture and Sports, in the implementation of the national program for Values Education as embodied in the 1987 Philippine Constitution.
- To promote the general well-being and common interest of the members and provide them assistance and encouragement for personal and professional growth.
- To improve instruction by encouraging collaborative efforts for the development and try-out of alternative teaching strategies and instructional materials for Values Education across levels.
- To provide a venue for the exchange of concerns and insights on trends and issues relevant to the development and promotion of values.
- To promote and support research and development for Values Education in the different regions of the country.
- To establish linkages with other professional, national and international organizations for the attainment of common objectives.
Who can be PSEP Members?
PSEP Membership is open to individuals, public and private educational institutions/agencies and non-government organizations subscribing to the purposes of the association all who are concerned with Values Education and related disciplines in public and private schools, colleges, universities, and non-school agencies.
Categories of PSEP Membership?
Founding Members. All who are registered for membership during the organizational conference held on September 2, 1989 at the Conference Room, Library Bldg., Philippine Normal College, Manila.
Lifetime Members. Declared lifetime members on April 12, 1994 are those who have attended all the conventions (1989-1994). Also registered lifetime members are those whose application for such membership had been evaluated and approved by the National Board and have paid corresponding membership fees (P 150.00)
Regular Members. All duly registered professionals who are involved in Values Education and all chapter members of the association (P150.00).
Student Members. All duly registered undergraduate students in Education and related disciplines and high school students who are recommended by a regular member of the Association. They shall organize themselves to form the KABATAANG PSEP with national, regional and school levels as necessary. The K-PSEP will be directly under the supervision of PSEP, Inc. They shall be entitled to attend national membership conferences at a special rate and become members of committees under the association (P50.00).
Honorary/Benefactor Members. The Board of Directors at its discretion, may award honorary membership to deserving individuals of Filipino values and who will donate at least P1,000 or more, or its equivalent, to the Association in any given year, Honorary members may attend meetings and conventions, become committee members but shall not be allowed to vote or hold office
Organizational/Institutional Members. The Board of Directors at its discretion, may award institutional/organizational membership to deserving institutions/organizations who will give P1,000 as membership fee. The organization/institution shall be entitled to five (5) votes for election and voting purposes.
What will I get in joining PSEP?
PSEP Members have the following privileges:
- Make proposals to the Regional Board, National Board or Executive Committee
- Nominate candidates for election
- To be nominated for election
- Vote in election
- Contribute to/and receive publications of the Association
- Contribute through their scholarly activities and worthy projects to the attainment of the objectives of the Association.
PSEP Conventions Held:
1989 - PNU Organizational Conference
1990 - PNU Auditorium
1992 - Philamlife Auditorium
1993 - De La Salle University
1994 - Teachers Camp, Baguio City
1995 - Teachers Camp, Baguio City
1996 - Teachers Camp, Baguio City
1997 - WMSU, Zamboanga City
1997 - Philamlife Auditorium (VE Congress)
1998 - Teachers Camp, Baguio City
1998 - Philamlife Auditorium (VE Congress)
1999 - DAP, Tagaytay City
1999 - Manila Midtown Hotel (VE Congress)
2000 - Venus Parkview Hotel, Baguio City
2000 - Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman, Quezon City (VE Congress)
2001 - Punta Villa, Iloilo City
PSEPS Search for Outstanding Values Educator
Carmelita C. Kilala
Salud R. Esteban
Carlos Albert High School
Herminia L. Jimenez
San Miguel Central Elementary School
Mrs. Amelita P. De Mesa
OIC, VE Dept. Jose Abad Santos High School
Prof. Sylvia T. Caberio
Faculty, Values Education Department
Philippine Normal University
First Level Selection
Very Good Moral Character and Human Relations ................................. 15%
(relationship with the Head, fellow teachers, parents, students and community)
Extraordinary Feat (last 5 years)
(conducted seminar and demonstration teaching in VE, served as speaker, facilitator or resource person, introduced innovations in teaching VE, conducted research, prepared instructional materials, received awards and recognition)
Community Involvement and Leadership Ability (last 5 years) ................ 15%
(Organized youth groups, conducted and participated in community programs, projects)
Professional Development (last 5 years) .................................... 15% (attended training programs, seminars in VE, membership in professional organizations related to Values Education)
Teaching Performance (last 3 years) .............................................
Academic Background .................................................................... 10%
Rating/Standing based on the first level selection
On-the-Spot Demonstration Teaching
(subject matter will be given a few hours before the actual demonstration)
(Questions will be formulated by the Judges)